Layer Up for Fall in Style from Blair
Good morning, ladies! I am so excited to tell you about a new brand to the Over 50 Feeling 40 audience, Blair, an online clothing company. Now, some of you just said…Blair is not new. I have known about them for years. You would be right. Blair is one of those long living, trusted brands which has served women well for many years. In fact, it was my mother’s favorite brand.
But, Blair has survived because it has stayed current and relevant to women over time, and women over 50 wear it well! I know that many of you are retired and have a need for more casual workhorses in your wardrobe which are affordable and fun. With their designs and affordable pricing, Blair has shown its’ customers they understand who they are and are ready to meet their needs. They know we desire casual style with comfort which washes well and provides confidence. They also know the separates should mix and match well to provide more outfits and also provide an affordable wardrobe.
Most of you are aware I live in South Texas and we ride a rollercoaster of temperatures through the fall. When the season finally arrived in mid-October, our temps dropped 45 degrees in 24 hours. So, one day starts cold and ends warm, and the next day is flipped. Layering our wardrobe is a way of life here.
When you think of autumn breezes blowing, think Blair’s quality separates to layer up with style. You can begin with a pretty Essential Stretch Tank (which comes in many vibrant colors); add a soft Flannel Tunic and top it with a Fleece Jacket with Snaps. Wear these pieces over Blair’s comfortable jeans and you are good to go for fun with grandchildren or throw on the stylish Quilted Car Coat and leggings for cooking s’mores by a fire later in the evening.
Over the next few weeks, I am going to introduce to you Blair Clothing’s fall and winter collection and get you in a cozy state-of-mind. Today, I will show you some versatile layers for this time of year in the small video below. You can wear these pieces well and be ready for all the fun fall and the holidays have to bring.
KEEP SMILING, EVERYONE!
10 Of Blair Waldorf ‘s Most Magnificent Fashion Moments On Gossip Girl
Back in the summer of 2012, when the news of final season of Gossip Girl broke out, there were grim faces all over the world. I was one of them. Well not completely. While most of my friends were sad over the departure of the TV show, I, on the other hand, was losing my mind over not being able to watch Blair Waldorf in her dazzling new outfits every week, ever on my screen again.
Somehow I gained my calm, watched the final episode and moved on. Later on, I realized that Queen B’s style wasn’t just limited to the span of the show. It was extraordinary and eternal. Which is why, you gotta check out these 10 Blair Waldorf Fashion Moments that I completely adore:
- The Pretty Pink Dress: The beautiful Collette Dinnigan dress that Blair wore clubbed perfectly with her gorgeous pink headband at Lily and Bart’s wedding was a complete knockout. The dress is an absolute spring season fashionwear.
- The Short Cape & Layered Dress: It’s almost impossible to describe the sheer perfection of this dress. Stunning Marc Jacobs dress and Trina Turk cape bring the right amount of highlight to Blair’s hair and skin. The signature brown but sleek headband and dark brown tights.Totally yummy.
- The Fashionable School Uniform: With a Philippe Adec blazer, Blair’s got chic and elegance combined resulting in a preppy school uniform with a bright red bowtie headband and white tights.
- The Chic Ice-Skating Skirt & Capelet: Another one of Blair Waldorf’s classic ‘style for every occasion’ outfits. The Zara skirt goes fabulously with H&M capelet and signature white tights. Accessorized with a white knitted beret. Debonair!
- The Bold Neckline White Ruffle Top: If you didn’t see this dress on Leighton Meester, you probably missed out on one of the hottest and the most sexiest looks anyone ever pulled off on TV. The uber-cool Bill Blass top clubbed with black skirt fulfills the absence of Blair’s signature headband and tights gracefully.
- The Green Cape With Yellow Pumps: This was the concluding episode of season 3. The bright Barney CO-OP cape with yellow Christian Louboutin shoes and Longchamp bag are a perfect autumn ensemble. The long length gloves and adorable polka dots scarf is just the cherry on top!
- The Vera WangWedding Gown: This wedding gown was shown during Blair’s trials. The customized Vera Wang white laced, gorgeous strapless gown was a fashion’s win-win moment. Our dashing Queen B in a Vera Wang wedding gown was a delight to watch.
- The Irresistible Red Cherries Dress: No one, I repeat no one who has ever watched Gossip Girl by heart can miss this iconic Blair Waldorf look. Moschino floral print belted dress complemented with an offbeat Chanel bag and a trendy pair of Louboutin’s, is the perfect summer attire for me. Oh! and look at the Beret. Such Class Queen B!
- The Plush Elie Saab Wedding Dress: The embellished, pale blue colored Elie Saab’s dress for Blair’s wedding to Chuck left me completely gobsmacked! And how could Blair Waldorf be married without her signature headband? So Jennifer Behr’s stunner work was witnessed in the white Arielle headband. All hail Queen B!
- The Jaw Dropping Gorgeous Red Gown: Blair has had many mind-blowing fashion moments on the show. But none has ever surpassed the red Oscar de la Renta gown that she donned when she met Chuck in Paris. That moment was absolutely surreal. With Blair’s lovable charisma and emotions, the scene became one of the most anticipated moments in the history of television shows.
Oh and this is so not the end of the list. It goes on. Blair Waldorf honestly had the best knack for style than any other character on TV in our generation. It’s too hard to pick out just 10 favorites! She was the new Carrie Bradshaw. And I almost forgot, special thanks to Eric Daman who was the costume designer for Gossip Girl. You’re awesome and we love you, Eric!