Whether you are trying to save time, conserve gas or avoid the bad lighting in dressing rooms, women’s fashion clothing catalogs are a great way to shop. Regardless of your style, budget or size there is a catalog to meet your needs. Here are some of the most popular women’s catalogs. All of these companies have reputations for delivering quality items at varying price points.
Popular Women Fashion Clothing Catalogs
High End Fashion
- Neiman Marcus is the ultimate fantasy catalog. In addition to women’s wardrobe staples like Eileen Fisher and Dana Buchman, this catalog features fabulous shoes, bags and jewelry. Every July, the company publishes a holiday book with outrageous gifts for those hard-to-buy people in your life.
- Saks Fifth Avenue is another great catalog. This company sells classic, designer looks that work in the real world. If you’re looking for special occasion dresses or commanding Armani suits, this is the catalog for you.
- Gorsuch is a specialty catalog featuring exquisite cold weather items. Are you planning a trip to Aspen or just sledding in your back yard? Either way, this catalog has the coat, boots and scarf to complete your look.
- Vivre feels more like a magazine than a catalog. Vivre owner Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti chooses items designed to inspire and spark your imagination. In addition, Vivre offers a personal shopper service through the catalog and website.
- Peruvian Connection is yet another fantasy book. The catalog features rich, woven clothing made from Peruvian alpaca and pima cotton. The sweaters are especially beautiful. When the weather turns cold, Peruvian Connection allows you to look beautiful not bulky.
- Lands’ End is one of the most practical clothing catalogs. The company makes easy care knitwear and sturdy outerwear. You can easily purchase your entire wardrobe from this one book. The bathing suits and winter jackets are the most popular catalog items.
- J. Crew carries youthful styles and fun accessories. If you’re looking for well-made basics that aren’t boring, this is your catalog. The styles are classic but the colors are always fresh. In addition, the shoes and accessories are fun and allow you to create a coordinated look.
- Newport News publishes a magazine-style catalog. The company has been in business for more than thirty years and sells trendy clothes at low prices.
- Boston Proper is a good resource for non-work clothes. The styles are current and the prices are low. This is the place to find weekend outfits and beach clothes.
- Spiegel: has been doing business since 1905. This catalog is jam-packed with great ideas. Spiegel features wardrobe basics and trendy fashions. The catalog also features style advice throughout its pages.
Hidden Benefits of Women’s Clothing Catalogs
Free style advice is one of the hidden benefits of women’s fashion clothing catalogs. In addition to convenient shopping, catalogs offer these great advantages:
- Coordinate your wardrobe. When you shop from a catalog, you have the ability to access your closet while you shop. By coordinating your new purchases with your existing wardrobe, you can avoid buying your fourth pair of black boots and instead purchase the skirt you need to complete an outfit.
- Reality, Not Runway. Women’s fashion magazines have beautiful pictorials and interesting articles, but many of the items they feature are outrageously expensive and would look ridiculous off the runway. Catalogs are a great way to stay abreast of the newest fashion trends. You can find the hot new looks that fit the average women’s budget and look good in the real world – not just on the catwalk.
- Finish the look. Many catalogs offer everything you need to create a coordinated look. If you lack the confidence to mix and match, or the time to shop for accessories, catalogs can provide one-stop shopping. When you see a look you like, you can replicate it by ordering everything on the page.
- More options. Some items, like plus sizes and narrow shoes, are difficult to find in a department store or boutique. Plus size departments are usually one-third the size of the women’s and junior departments and the average shoe store carries very few specialty sizes. Catalogs often offer a wider variety of sizes.
If you’re in the apparel industry, you may be looking for more ways to expand your reach and bring in new customers. Whether it’s outdoor, women’s or kids’ apparel, there are no shortages of potential customers around, locally or nationally. Although marketing your clothing brand online might be convenient, creating an apparel catalog will give your company the professionalism and credibility customers are attracted to.
1. Sell in Bulk to Distributors with Wholesale Pricing
If you want to expand your reach, a great way to do so is to partner up with distributors. While many catalogs you see are for specific boutiques or stores that are selling directly to the customer, this is another great option. By reaching out to wholesale distributors and sending them your fashion catalog, the chances of coming to an agreement are much higher.
2. They Are a Dual Threat
Not only are clothing catalogs great sales tools, they also make perfect lookbooks. Customers can grab one from your store to pass on to their friends, sales representatives can send customers home with your catalog to browse your full selection in the comfort of their home, or you can use your mailing list to send out seasonal catalogs to your current customers. Dropping seasonal catalogs will give people something to talk about year-round and helps keep them up to date with this season’s latest trends.
3. Increased Professionalism
When someone sees that your company has a well-designed and quality printed catalog, that immediately boosts their view of your brand. Print materials show your customers and investors that your apparel company is a trustworthy place to shop and allows them to capture your brand’s style and personality without having to visit your physical store. With a lot of the ads you see online, you can’t always filter through which companies are real and which ones are just scamming you. By having print materials and a mailing list, visitors can sign up for your catalogs to be mailed to them, which helps potential customers trust your brand and in turn make a purchase (whether it be online or at your physical store).
Tips for Catalog Shopping
There are some tips you should keep in mind in order to get the best deals possible from your catalog purchases.
- Check the fine print. The most important rule for purchasing from women’s fashion clothing catalogs is to understand the return policy. You can’t try clothes on before you buy so make sure you have the ability to return them if they don’t fit. The most convenient catalogs offer prepaid shipping on returned items.
- Consolidate purchases. To save on shipping charges, try to buy multiple items from the same catalog. Land’s End, J. Crew and Neiman Marcus offer more than just women’s fashion so you can maximize your order.
- Save the planet. Look for catalogs printed with soy ink on paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). The FSC promotes responsible management of forest’s worldwide. Some catalogs also offer recycling programs. This information is usually posted on the back cover of the catalog.
- Use control. Because catalog shopping is so convenient, it is easy to get carried away with your spending. Avoid looking at catalogs if you are prone to overdoing it.
Follow these tips, curl up on your couch and shop ’til you drop!
Women’s Clothing Magazines
Fashion magazines are an extremely useful resource for keeping up with the latest fashion trends, industry news, and up-and-coming designers. From glossy monthlies to lifestyle weeklies, women’s clothing magazines always contain the most up-to-date and relevant information and keep self-professed fashionistas in the know.
Top Fashion Magazines
The top womenswear magazines in the industry focus primarily on fashion, but they might also discuss other lifestyle-related topics. They contain insightful features, trend reports, news, interviews with designers and influential figures in the industry, and product photoshoots.
High-End Fashion Mags
There are a handful of international fashion magazines considered the very best of the best in the clothing industry. These magazines feature luxury designer advertisements and products, with a new issue usually hitting the shelves monthly.
- Vogue – One of the most iconic magazines ever to be produced, Vogue was established in 1892 and focuses primarily on fashion.
- ELLE – Elle actually originated in France circa 1945. As well as including news and features relating to fashion and beauty, the world’s largest fashion magazine also discusses politics, relationships, and other major topics from a women’s perspective.
- Harper’s Bazaar – This international fashion magazine features high-end products and designers. It’s currently the longest running after originating in 1867.
- InStyle – Founded in 1994, InStyle is a US-based magazine that boasts celebrity and human interest stories in the world of fashion.
- L’Officiel – This international French fashion magazine has a full name of L’Officiel de la couture et de la mode de Paris. It’s currently published in over 20 countries and has been in circulation since 1921.
- W Magazine – Created in 1972 by the publisher of its sister magazine, Women’s Wear Daily, this American magazine features the most elite in the fashion industry.
Budget-Friendly Fashion Mags
The most successful weekly fashion magazines on the market at present are very budget-friendly and more accessible. As well as featuring designer products, they include affordable clothing, footwear, and accessories options based on popular high street chains.
- LOOK – First published in the UK circa 2007, this fashion magazine is renowned all over the world and especially Europe. Its focus is on main street fashion, or style on a budget, but it occasionally features high-end fashion brands too. As well as fashion and beauty topics, it covers celebrity news and gossip.
- Grazia – Grazia is Italian for “grace.” This weekly magazine originated in Italy in 1938 and now has international editions in many countries all over the world. It has more of a luxury, high-end focus, but sometimes features high street products.
Top Lifestyle Magazines
Even though they don’t focus primarily on fashion, the top lifestyle magazines tend to cover women’s clothing extensively and are great to refer to for the latest industry news and trends.
- Cosmopolitan – This global magazine for women was first published in the US in 1886 as a family magazine. It eventually became a women’s magazine in 1965 and is now commonly referred to as “Cosmo.” As well as featuring fashion and beauty content, it also discusses topics such as relationships, health, careers, self-improvement, and celebrities.
- Marie Claire – Since its conception in France circa 1937, various editions of Marie Claire have been published in many countries and languages. Its monthly issue covers everything from news and careers to fashion and social issues.
- Glamour – Originally called “Glamour of Hollywood,” this international women’s magazine was first published in 1939 in the US. Aimed at an 18 to 30-year-old audience, Glamour is most famous for its fashion advice, styled photoshoots, and tongue-in-cheek columns.
- Allure – Founded in 1991, Allure is a monthly American women’s magazine that primarily focuses on beauty tips, trends, and product reviews. They also cover fashion, wellness, and celebrity news.